Step 1: Submit the Application Form and Supporting Documents
- Please prepare the following documents and submit them to the Admissions Office.
- Application Form
- 3 color photos
- Copies of Student and Both Parents’ Passports
- Copies of child’s birth certificate or Certificate of Korean Family Registry
- Eligibility Proof Documents
- 3 Years Overseas
- Official certificate of entry and exit (Student and Parents)
- Foreign Parent(s)
- Copy of valid alien registration card of parent(s) or 외국국적동포국내거소신고증
- Official certificate of entry and exit
- International School Transfer
- Letter of attendance from current international school stating date of initial enrollment
- Eligibility requirement that was met at the time of student’s admission to current school
- 6 semesters
- Official report cards for the duration of 6 semesters from school(s) abroad
- Official letter of attendance from school(s) abroad
- Official certificate of entry & exit (Student and Parents )
- 3 Years Overseas
- Recommendation Letters
Pre & Junior Kinder / Elementary School (Grades 1-5): One Recommendation Letter from current Homeroom teacher.
Confidential Recommendation Letters To be filled out by current teachers and to be sent directly to Admissions Office.
- Report Cards
Current Report and 2 most recent years’ Reports are required. All reports must be official and translated into English with notarization.
※ Please be informed that submitted documents will not be returned under any circumstances.
Application Form and Supporting documents can be submitted the following ways:
- Mail: Korea International School, Admissions Office
408, Gaepo-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 06324, Korea
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 82-2-578-6680
Step 2: Make Application & Testing Fee Payment
- Once the documents are all submitted, please wire the Non-Refundable Application & Testing Fee of KRW 400,000. Be sure to check that sender’s name is the applicant’s name as shown on passport.
- Payment Instruction:
Wire transfer to: Kiup (IBK) Bank
Swift Code: IBKOKRSE
Account No.: 211-028515-01-034
Account Name: Korea International School
Step 3: Schedule and Take Admissions Test/Interview
- At this point, all required documents should have been submitted. Only students who have submitted all required documents will be contacted for testing/interview scheduling. If you are not contacted for testing scheduling, please refer back to Step 1 to find which documents are missing. Keep in mind that document processing takes approximately 3-4 business days.
Step 4: Wait for the Admissions Decision
- The entire evaluation process will take 5-10 business days after test/interview. Parents will be notified of the student’s acceptance by the Admissions Office.
Step 5: Submit Remaining Documents and Make Tuition Payment
Parents will be receiving the Acceptance Package enclosed with the letter of acceptance. Tuition payments must be paid by the designated due date in order to reserve a seat for your child.
Please prepare the remaining documents and submit them to the Admissions Office prior to the student’s first day of school. The following documents will be enclosed in the acceptance package and must be submitted to the Admissions Office:
- School Bus Application Form
- Parent/Guardian Enrollment Agreement Form
- Medical Form
- Agreement to collect and Use Private Information
- Tuition Invoices